Sunday 31 January 2010

A bit of appreciation...

So I thought I'd just rip off some copyrighted images so that I might appreciate some good musicians while I listen to them. Firstly, one which is not a regular on my playlists but always a breath of fresh air when I hear that ssssmoooothhhh voice: Norah Jones.
This girl has been cracking tunes through my speakers for a good four years now when I was asked to do a cover of Don't Know Why. She makes for some excellent easy listening.

Next on tonight's list of appreciation is Joshua Radin. I discovered this beautiful man sometime last year. He's featured a couple of times on scrubs, I think his debut single 'winter' was actually featured pretty much as soon as it was released, but I could be wrong.

Apart from winter, I particularly like closer (you're propbably listening to it right now) and Everything'll Be Alright. I just find these two tracks totally inspiring, not only musically, but they inspire me to go out and live life, to see beautiful things.

Finally on tonight's list is Sufjan Stevens. He has written some pretty obscure stuff. However, as far as I'm concerned, anyone that can turn the horrific acts of John Gacy jr. into an awe inspiring song at least deserves a mention in this blog.



I also like casimir polaski day and chicago. You just have to listen to them to understand.

So yes, three of my faves, but by far not all of them. I highly reccommend you go and have some ear sex with some of their tunes. You never know, they might inspire you to do something wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Free Hit Counter